Part 1: Why we need to convert SWF to MP4
SWF is a popular format for multimedia. Most often, this format can be seen in online animated graphics and online games. Even though it is very widespread, some computer users choose to convert SWF into other formats. In our daily life, we have some great SWF videos and need to convert SWF to MP4 in order to view them on portable device such as iPod, iPhone and iPad.
Part 2: How to convert SWF to MP4
Firstly, you can take the specific SWF to MP4 for reference. Higosoft SWF Video Converter can bridge the gap between SWF and MP4. It enables you to convert SWF files to MP4 with high quality and efficiency. There are two different versions for Windows and Mac OS X (includes Lion) separately, known as SWF to Video Converter and SWF to Video Converter for Mac, which could be downloaded for free trial.
Take Higosoft SWF to Video Converter for example, we will show you how to convert SWF to MP4 by 3 simple steps. This Tutorial will be also available for Mac users who use SWF to Video Converter for Mac because the two versions just have little difference.
Step 1: Add SWF files
Click "Select File" to add SWF files you want to convert.
Step 2: Set MP4 as output format
Click Next to the Option interface, and choose MP4 as the output format from the droplist of Output Format.
Step 3: Convert SWF to MP4
After complete to set output format, press "Next" and click "Start" to begin free converting SWF to MP4.
Tips about Higosoft SWF to Video Converter
1. Besides adding SWF files from your local notebook, you are able to grab online SWF videos by pasting the URL of video and grab the SWF videos from the Web.
2. You are able to crop SWF video by setting parameters or dragging the video to delete the unwanted places.
3. This tool supports to add watermark to videos and adjust the position of watermark.
Tiny difference between Mac and Windows version
1. The main difference between Mac and Windows version is their different interface, for considering different user experience between Mac and Windows Users.
2. The way to set output format. You can set MP4 output format by choosing from the droplist of "Profile" in the Mac version while you need to set the output format at the "Option" interface in Windows version.
Here is the screenshot of SWF to Video Converter for Mac.